What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting!
What can you use Popmoney for?
- Send money to your child in college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
- To send money the sender logs onto Online Banking and clicks on the Popmoney Tab in the Bill Pay Section.
- The sender will be asked what account to send funds from and will need to provide a cell phone number or an email address for the receiver.
- The receiver will receive either a text message or an email, depending on the information provided by the sender.
- If the receiver's financial institution offers Popmoney, the receiver can go to Popmoney.com and direct the funds to their account on this site.
- The receiver will not have access to the sender's account information.
- If a transaction is completed prior to 5:00pm cst, the funds will transfer out the same day. After 5:00pm, they will transfer the next day.
- The receiver has up to 10 days to accept the payment and once they do, the funds will be deposited as directed by the receiver. If the receiver has registered for Automatic Deposit with Popmoney, the deposit will happen the next business day. If the receiver hasn't already done this registration, the funds will not be sent until the receiver logs on and accepts the payment. The payment will be made the next business day if the acceptance is before 5:00pm cst. If the acceptance is after 5:00pm, the payment will be received in two business days.
Popmoney Service Fee:
- $.50 per transfer initiated by the sender.
Can a payment be cancelled?
- Yes, you may cancel a payment anytime before or on the send date. Your contact will be notified if you cancel a payment after the payment notification has been sent.
Can money be sent internationally?
- No, currently you can only use Popmoney to send money within the United States.
Can you create a payment with a future date:
- Yes, Popmoney allows you to schedule one time or recurring future payments.
*Messaging and Data Rates May Apply. Check with your carrier for details.